Cara, from The Marvelous Flight of Cara, was so awesome to have tagged me in a post with the following instructions:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post,
and then create eleven new questions to the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
I loved this idea and was so excited to answer her questions! First, here’s some fun facts about me:
1. I was born in Boston and lived outside or in a big city all my life – until I moved to the boonies this year : )
2. My grandmother went out on a date with Dick Van Dyke. I don’t have any pictures or anything, and this isn’t really about me, but I always share it because I think it’s the coolest thing.
3. I don’t like bananas, melon (except watermelon), oatmeal, or raisins.
4. I’ve been to Italy, Spain, and Australia.
5. I had the opportunity to go down to Louisiana to help after Hurricane Katrina twice.
6. I was a theatre education major.
7. One of my favorite books is Little Women.
8. 8 is my lucky number.
9. One time, my finger was fractured because I was sitting on the floor of my school gym with my hands out behind me to support me, and someone slid a binder across the floor and accidentally hit my finger. Other than that, I’ve never broken a bone.
10. Dark chocolate is my favorite.
11. I was on my high school newspaper staff, but I really preferred editing to writing articles.
Now for Cara’s questions:
1. If you had to choose a name for your future baby girl right now, what would it be?
I love the name Rosalie right now, but I wouldn’t want people to think I’ve named her that because of Twilight! I just like the name.
2. Do you plan your outfit for the next day inside your head the night before, or do you just pick something out of the closet in the morning?
Depends. Usually I pick it in the morning, but it takes me forever : ) And when I pack for a trip, I usually pack a few options, so it takes me a long time even on a trip!
3. If you had to write a book on one topic, what would it be?
God, or to do with having a relationship with him. I think it is the most incredible and satisfying thing when you can help someone to know God.
4. Do you tend to choose warm drinks or cold drinks from Starbucks (or your coffee shop of choice)?
I go with the opposite of the weather (if it’s cold, hot drink; if it’s hot, cold drink). I’m trying not to drink coffee because it gets me jittery, so I get vanilla chai lattes, but I love Frappuccinos and iced vanilla coffee.
5. What caused you to start blogging? Has the reason changed or expanded?
I started blogging because I encountered a lot of really fun and interesting people through their blogs and wanted to be part of meeting new people and sharing my thoughts. I started by posting my photographs, then with posting my outfit pictures, and now it’s just fun things I’m learning or discovering or experiencing.
6. What’s your favorite Bible verse?
Philippians 4:4-7. I have it memorized from my Sunday school days and hold on to it the most when things are crazy.
7. What’s your biggest goal in life?
I really want to do something impactful with my life. I don’t know what it is yet, but I want to “live a life of love” like the scriptures say and somehow leave an impact.
8. What are you most passionate about, above all else?
God. My life has only been what it is because of my relationship with him. I’ve seen how he’s worked in my life and can’t imagine a better standard for my life than what the Bible offers.
9. If you were stranded on a desert island, (yes, I’m asking this)and could only have five items with you (books, food, etc.), what would those five be?
My Bible, sunscreen, an anthology of my favorite books (possible?), a swim suit, an Olive Garden (right? I can bring a restaurant with me, right?)
10. What’s your all-time favorite app for the iPhone?
I don’t have an iPhone, but I want one just for Instagram! Ha ha : )
11. What’s your favorite time of day, and why?
When my hubby gets home from work and we eat dinner together. So late afternoon : )
Now I have to tag eleven people and send them questions! Here are my questions for you:
1. If you could choose one clothing store to shop at for the rest of your life (money is no object), which would it be and why?
2. If you were a Frappuccino, what flavor would you be and why? (you can make one up!)
3. What is one value or life lesson that you want to pass on to your kids?
4. If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
5. Why do you blog?
6. What’s something on your bucket list? (the list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket!)
7. Who is someone you admire?
8. Which pair of shoes would you wear every day if you could?
9. Where would your dream home be located?
10. What is your favorite feature in a blog?
11. What is your favorite book?
And I tag you, you fabulous ladies:
I’m gonna go with 6 vs. 11 : ) Only participate if you’d like!
Also, they’re getting rid of GFC if you’re a non-blogger site. Please don’t lose me! Follow me on Blog Lovin’, if you don’t mind! I’m building up my subscriptions on Blog Lovin’ as well : )