It’s time for the holidays, and for a lot of people, that means out-of-town guests. In our case, we are the out-of-town guests – we always go home for Christmas. But we enjoy hosting people at our house as well. It saves them money that would have been spent on a hotel room, and it gives us the chance to be hospitable, and serve a friend or family member in a great way.
In case you didn’t know: it isn’t always easy being the houseguest. You’re away from home, and you don’t have everything you’re used to at your fingertips. Plus you don’t want to impose by requesting missing items or asking for anything extra.
That’s where excellent hosting comes in. By thinking ahead a little, you can prep your house to be friendly for guests, and make staying away from home an easy and relaxing experience for them! Here are 10 ways to be a good hostess for the holidays:
- Write or print your wi-fi network and password where guests can find it.
- Set out trial-sized bath products and pain relievers (just in case they forgot).
- Keep some holiday-fresh Febreze in the bathroom.
- Have fresh towels handy.
- Fill a shelf in the pantry with grab-and-go snacks.
- Hang hooks on the back of the guest room door for used towels.
- Spread familiar holiday scents though the house with candles, to make guests feel at home.
- Put together a coffee station with mugs, instant coffee, tea bags, and sugar.
- Make items that are used and replaced often (like toilet paper or Q-tips) accessible.
- Refresh furniture, sheets, and curtains with Febreze fabric spray for extra freshness.
The holidays are a magical time of year, and something that always gets me in the spirit are the seasonal fragrances. But so many people in and out of the house can make it all a little chaotic…and stinky! Literally. Spread cheer instead of stink with Febreze’s seasonal scents – Cranberry Cheer and Jolly Pine.
They’re also helping you out with a fun music video on “The 12 Stinks of Christmas,” starring Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch. (Any Gleeks out there?) Check out their holiday tips for guests as well! Follow them on social media @Febreze_Fresh and #12Stinks.
Febreze is also generously providing a gift basket for one lucky reader, filled with Febreze products, mittens, coasters, a Moscow Mule mug, and a serving basket! To enter, leave a comment with your favorite thing about the holidays! For extra entries, follow What You Make It on Bloglovin’, Twitter, and/or Instagram, and leave a comment with your user name for each! Giveaway will end on December 4, 2015, and a winner will randomly be chosen. US entrants only.
This review was made possible by iConnect and Febreze. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions are 100% mine.