Do you have trouble coming up with a “bucket list” – the things you want to do before you kick the bucket? Sure, there are some things that instantly come to mind: see a game at Fenway Park. Go to a Coldplay concert. Take a European trip. But eventually I get stumped. Or maybe that’s just me. There are lots of “25 in 25” or “30 before 30” lists, but the times that I’ve tried to do those, it’s actually been really difficult!
I decided to come up with the 30 Things to Do Together: Bucket List for two reasons – one, to help people like me who have a hard time coming up with big goals to achieve for the bucket list, and two, because it’s actually a fun conversation to have with your significant other or friends about your dreams and plans. (It’s an idea on the original 50 Things to Do Other Than Movies list.) These are general – you can fill in the blanks!
1. See your favorite band or singer in concert.
2. Attend a national or world-renowned festival.
3. Take a tour (or ghost tour or food tour, etc) of your favorite city.
4. Attend your favorite team’s sporting event at a home game.
5. Visit a country you’ve never been to.
6. Learn a language.
7. Spend a day doing things you’ve never done.
8. Set a physical goal – to run a marathon or climb a mountain, for instance.
9. Face one big fear of yours.
10. Set a number of random acts of kindness to do in a day, or over a period of time.
11. Take up an occupation you’ve always dreamed of – even if it’s just a side business or hobby while you keep your day job.
12. See the live taping of your favorite TV show. Or audition for a game show!
13. Take a road trip, planned or unplanned.
14. Eat at the fanciest restaurant you can think of.
15. Find the best conference or location for your favorite hobby, and go there and do it! (i.e. a blogger conference, surfing, wine tasting, etc.)
16. Learn an instrument.
17. Set a huge goal for a fundraiser for your favorite charity, and then make it happen!
18. Write letters or send care packages to a certain number of friends or family.
19. Dedicate a week, few weeks, month, or year to a cause you care about.
20. Eat a delicacy from a foreign land.
21. Attempt a world record.
22. Take a course in something you’re interested in, even if you’re not in school.
23. Learn a simple physical thing you don’t know how to do – like a handstand, the splits, a cartwheel.
24. Get a pen pal from another country.
25. Invent something new. Take it to another level by putting it on Kickstarter!
26. Share a hidden talent – try to get a book published, audition for a talent show, etc.
27. Finish a list challenge. Find lists of top 100s – books, movies, locations, etc – and try to check all of them off of a list. (For example, see every one of the American Film Institute’s Top 100 Movies of All Time.)
28. Get your license or certification in a hobby. (i.e. motorcycle, scuba diving, event planning)
29. Throw a blow-out party for any occasion.
30. Pick an event to attend on an inaugural day or premiere.