At our place, a typical night consists of eating dinner and watching a movie. Can anyone relate? It’s like the ultimate in downtime – curl up on the couch and escape into a movie for a bit.
Well, not long ago, my hubby had just about all he could take of movies. (So did I…because we’d seen pretty much all we’d wanted to see on Amazon Prime. Yikes.) So for about a month, we’re trying to see what we can do other than be couch potatoes. I think it’s a good challenge for us!
Wondering how you can spend your weeknights? (Or weekends or weekend nights – we can be so boring!!) Here’s a list of ideas we’ve done…or want to do…
This list totally covers more than just spouses, by the way – they’re fun ideas for couples or even roommates!
1. Play cards.
2. Use YouTube to teach yourselves something new – like salsa dancing!
3. Visit the antique store – so much fun.
4. Work on a home improvement project together. (Here’s just some of the other ones I’d love to do: one, two, three)
5. Invite friends over for dinner. It’s a great excuse to try out a new recipe…or clean your house…
6. Look at houses you would buy and dream of your future home.
7. Go mini-golfing.
8. Pick out a new bottle of wine to try. Or go to a wine tasting!
9. Shop for all the ingredients and bake a pizza together. Grab another couple and have a competition! Or host a pizza party.
10. Write a list of things you dream of doing in the future together.
11. Play tennis.
12. Have a picnic.
13. Go to a concert or music event.
14. Take goofy pictures together.
15. Visit a tourist attraction in your city and go sightseeing.
16. Take a drive.
17. Go out for ice cream – or fro-yo…mmm…my favorite – or your favorite dessert!
18. Play a board game. (I love Scene-It!) Even better, have friends over for a game night.
19. Bake something together. Take it to another level by dropping off the baked goods at a friends house to surprise them!
20. Go to a local event or festival.
21. Walk around your favorite store and go shopping…or window shopping.
22. Visit the local animal shelter and pet animals. (If only my hubby wasn’t allergic!)
23. Decorate mugs together.
24. Visit the local art museum. (Ours is free!)
25. Check out the local farmer’s market.
26. Read a book together! I haven’t done this, but a couple I know really enjoys it.
27. Make cards or a gift for someone. Never too early to start getting ready for Christmas ; )
28. Host a cocktail party at your place – planned or impromptu. Make it themed!
29. Go watch the sun set somewhere lovely.
30. Get a friend to do a photo shoot! You know you need some new portraits.
31. Work on your own hobbies, but in the same place at the same time.
32. Let your other half/roomie/whoever pick out the activity! Whatever it is, go all out and enjoy it, just to encourage him or her.
33. Go to a coffee shop and catch up on life. Sometimes it’s nice to just talk.
34. Hang out at the library and read some books, or pick up some to take home.
35. Play an interactive video game – like Wii Sports or Kinect. If you don’t have a system, borrow one!
36. Plan your next vacation together – some say the planning is more fun than actually going.
37. Take a hike (literally).
38. Pop some tags at the thrift shop. See who can find the coolest item, or pick out clothes for each other!
39. Have a water fight! Splash a little water at each other. If that’s something that would be fun for you guys. Hey, easy clean-up!
40. See a local sports event – even if it’s a school sport.
41. Make crafts from unexpected materials – I think my hubby would enjoy this!
42. Go frisbee golfing – one of my hubby’s favorite activities.
43. Have a Skype session with faraway family or friends – we always have fun with this!
44. Ride bikes. (Borrow them if you don’t have any.)
45. Volunteer for a service project together.
46. Try a new restaurant or explore a new place you haven’t visited nearby.
47. Take a road trip to visit friends. (Here’s some travel tips to help you out.)
48. Take dance lessons.
49. Learn how to play an instrument together.
50. Check out Groupon or Living Social for deals on fun things to do – and then go do something!
For more ideas, check out my Pinterest board, Date Night!