It’s September, which means fall, fresh air, and a full month of style. All over the world, major cities are holding their fashion weeks. Currently, it’s Milan’s turn.
This might surprise you, but I’m not into couture style. Whaaaat? Nooo. It’s true. But I can’t help but love the gorgeous street style that comes from fashion week. Those are the trends that set the tone for the upcoming months in my mind, not the clothes on the runway. Some of my current favorites are blush pink, cargo jackets, and of course, stripes.
And what does every supermodel need on the street? Sunglasses, of course. Just because summer is ending does not mean you should put away your shades.
I’ve always had a hard time finding sunglasses that fit my face well. I could try on dozens of pairs and still not find one that looks right on me. But I’ve found a great way to do it that helps me to not only find beautiful sunglasses, but ones in my budget, as well.
Here are 5 easy steps to finding the perfect sunglasses for you:
1. Figure out your face shape. There are a lot of them, but some of the most common are heart, square, round, and oval. There are a lot of ways to do this – for example, you can use lipstick to trace your face in a mirror, and then see what shape you most resemble. There’s also a great flow chart on my Pinterest beauty board that can help. I’ve discovered that I have more of a square shape to my face.
2. Find celebrities with your face shape. Since most people don’t naturally look at a celebrity and think, “she has my face shape!!”, it’s helpful to turn to an online search for this. I discovered that Keira Knightley, Natalie Portman, Olivia Wilde, and Angelina Jolie all have square-shaped faces.
3. Search for photos of one of those celebrities in sunglasses. They’re not hard to find. Although with celebrities in general, I tend to keep my search safety functions on high, just in case. Find a picture you like, and save it. Keira Knightley has a bunch of pics with cute cat-eye sunglasses, for example, so I downloaded one of those.
4. Upload that picture to FlashFrames. FlashFrames is a website that uses the picture you select to find your perfect pair of eyewear. It’s the easiest way to spot the style you like, and actually get the frames you’re looking for. Not only that, but they offer authentic eyewear in the style you want at a variety of price points.
These sunglasses, for example. They rival some of the high-end fashion brands out there, but these cost $24.99.
5. Order your sunglasses from a trusted retailer. And then sit back and wait for them to show up at your door.
I love the simplicity of this method of finding sunglasses because again, I can go through so many sunglasses in-store, and not end up with a single pair I like. But with FlashFrames, I can easily upload a pic from Pinterest or a magazine and get just what I’m looking for. I’m kind of thinking all clothes and accessories shopping should be this way.
What style of sunglasses do you like best?